Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Why Does God Cry?


Why Does God Cry?
040406


I’m standing on the summit of this mountain.
I’m looking down the valley and below the plain.
I spread my arms, my wings.
And I embraced the coolly wind.
The dew wet my shirt.
Look at my shoes filled with dirt.
The wind blew and raffled my hair to mess.
Grasses surrounded me - taller than me.
That dance with the rhythm of the wind.
And sway with my every heartbeat.
I saw the forest before me.
Wild flowers clustered at my feet.
The birds the hoppers the ants,
So modest, tranquil and carefree!
The sun shines above.
Strained by the clouds and shaded me.
It reflects the river, snaked through the sea.
Shows streams of lights, dreamlike and surreal!
Then showers came.
The rain started to fall.
My co-campers’ yelling a call.
I wonder why?
With all the beauty in this paradise,
Why does God cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment