Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Finally


Finally
05/18/11 POEA

We used to be lovers,
Lovers in the dark.
You are young,
I’m a fool.
You took off all your pretenses
And I devour your innocence.
You are naked,
A sin I’m ready to take.
I believed you are the victim,
A victim in disguise indeed.

I was caught through my own hook.
Fell under my own spell.
Trapped into the abyss of my lies,
Left shattered, when you look me in the eyes.

But you’re an angel sent from above.
To tame my ever wounded heart.
You showed love despite what’s ideal.
And waited for my own guilt to heal.

When you touched me, I saw not just the boy.
You shared love, happiness and joy.
When you kissed me, you held me so dear.
And through our tears we hid all our fears.

But when love and fate collide,
Even the simplest glance we can’t even hide.
Time came when we need to leave the dark.
And fear for this love, for it has its end to mark.

Your fear faced its reality.
And my reality was sealed by destiny.
We have to walk on either side of the road.
That leads nowhere and no chances to cross.
With every step distance lays ahead.
We looked back and see both of us fade.
No goodbyes, no tears, no kiss.
We both know those are to be missed.

So lies were spoken to lessen the pain.
And what a fool I’ve been for believing
That it was you who loosen the knot,
Little did I know that I burnt it to rot.
Over the distant shore you found your voice.
But it’s too late for me to hear you called.
For the love I have for you,
has found its home to someone’s cue.

It was you at first,
Coz I’m still living on our dream.
Being unfaithful to him,
Is yet another sin.
I tasted yours when I kissed his lips.
I felt yours when he touched me bliss.
I heard your voice when he called my name.
I saw you walked beside my own.
And your face I dreamed when I’m alone.

But see how love plays its tricks?
When I’m about to give it all up,
When I found your part no more within my heart,
You came again to play all your cards.

You tried to win me back despites the odds.
I gave chance because part of me says so.
A flicker from the past that was dying low.
Maybe it was destiny’s game
Neither of us can turn off the flame.
But at chance I found my place.
Just at the moment you lay your final ace.

I’m happy now to where I belong.
I hope you are too with the one you found.
I met your man and I admit for a moment I was stunned.
I felt pain, my heart goes numb.
That should be me for a time I thought.
Promises are shattered, tears I fought.
And as a tear fell, I was lost in sadness,
Deep into the space of my emptiness.
Into the dark I saw the door where my man was waiting.
And showed me the way out from our story’s ending.

I dare looked back before the door’s shut.
I saw us smiling sealed in our past.
Finally I looked who’s holding my hand,
I saw the face of the man who healed my heart.
The man I have learned to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment