Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lines and Shades

Lines and Shades
(poem comment)


they hand me a pen
and asked me to draw
the reason for my smiles
and the love they saw.



i told them i cant
coz love cant be shown
through curves and lines
nor by paint alone.



yet my hand moved
and i saw it has been made
as i started to create
the beauty of your sweet face.



i shaded it with charcoal hue
coz it showed the truest you
gentle was the line of your nose
sincere as it hid not your flaws.



your lips that tear the sweetest smile
that can take away even my content sigh
i tried to make it soft and real in my sketch
as i dream of kissing when i lay the final shade.



lost in luck, i cant draw your eyes.
and i can tell a thousand reasons why
because your true beauty lies in it
that even the greatest artist cant keep.



the eyes that shows your sincere soul
but sometimes of a mischievous kid.
the eyes that shows the truest joy,
but sometimes its where the pain was hid.



so i decided to hide it too...
by shading it in a darker hue.
its for them to find out
behind it is the real you.




1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful words. They make this lyrics touch your heart. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete