Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Listen


Listen
070405 11:30pm

Listen…just listen.
For tonight I’ll take my chance.
This may sound absurd and fancy.
But lend your ears and listen to me.

I love you and I always do.
But fate seems to be unfair.
After this lone night of desire,
I’ll go and set this feeling free.

I love you and sweet is my goodbye.
I know from the start we’ve tried.
After this moment I know it’ll be the last.
I’ll bid my one final goodnight.

Hush! Don’t talk, just listen to me.
It hurts to weep this feeling free.
I’ll try not to bit my lower lip.
I’ll smile and never dare cry.

Goodbye…so soft are those cheeks.
Your eyes closed you breathe in peace.
I’ll kiss you now or maybe not.
For I know for sure I maybe held.

As I closed this door and leave this room.
My last glance for never will I see you again.
Just go on darling…just listen,
‘til my footsteps had crossed the line.

Coz tomorrow when you’ll wake up.
I’ll never be by your side.
I left and had said my goodbye.
At the time when you’re just listening.
Lost on the dream we made, now yours alone.
When you’re asleep,
I bid my last goodnight.
Coz I know you won’t listen.
If I left you awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment