Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Simply Painful


Simply Painful
090508

It was I who insists.
To give this foolishness a try;
For deep inside my hoping heart,
You’ll learn to love me too.
The way you simply love her!

I’d try my best to keep you.
From the pain she caused you.
To freed you from the curse.
Of her love for somebody else:

Though we were together,
It’s as if I’m invisible.
Your body lies next to me.
But your eyes in a distant gaze,
And your heart in an unknown maze!

Time had passed.
My heart drained with hope.
Though I know from now
You can’t leave me.
You commit yourself
Out of pity!

It hurts me more.
To see you pained.
Everytime I asked you to utter.
The love that’s for long not mine;
The love you’re trying to give back.

So now I must end.
This love and the set up I made.
Coz I’d rather be left unloved and broken.
Than to see you in much pain
And that I cannot bear.

I ask you now to break my heart.
Coz I know there’s no easy way.
In tears you said:
“I don’t want to see you get hurt.”
Fighting back the tears I smiled.
With a heavy heart
I made you close your eyes.
In your face the truth shows.
Innocence and guilt blend with tears.

Your lips had gone dry.
You didn’t utter the words
The words I wanted to hear.
In silence I kissed you one last time.
Before this final goodbye;
“Darling, in a heart that never been whole;
Breaking is simply painful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment