Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Miss My Bestfriend


I Miss My Bestfriend
041806

The first day…
I entered the room nervously.
It’s the first day of class.
I came to show my wit.
No time for a crazy hint.
And then I saw you 
chatting with old friends.
(too loud and noisy)
You saw me and you scowled.
Tore me naked from head to foot.
Then after a while you smile.
(sarcastic and proud)
Not friendly, too unfriendly.
Then I promised to myself.
This one can never be my friend.

The next days…
Destiny played, God made His miracle.
As time passed, seasons changed.
Our subjects get us bored.
The teachers said we’re holed.
On maybe one warm sunny day,
Here we came.
Unknowingly we became friends.
I just can’t remember.
Or know how.
Or know when.
I think it was me who made way.
(I’m the good one, you know?)

Yesterday…
We became a gang.
Who bullied around.
We’re partners in crime.
We’re always more than fine.
After that last ‘pen’ November fight,
(last fight before we became best of friends)
Together we’ve been holding tight.
Together,
We painted the wall.
(no vandalism! Ma’am Besy would scream)
We built lies.
(she had to pinched our ears)
We branded teachers names…
(tyanak; ungga; ngi-payn; android etc)
Sung praises for them.
(kunin mo oh Diyos…)
We cut classes.
(to buy cacti/cactuses)
We chased out the boys.
(coffee and coke)
We doctored test papers.
(thanks to sir Apong’s laziness)
And we played our favorite game.
Of “making Hazel cry.”
(the valedictorian)
I’d never be alone.
Coz you’re always a step behind.
Or I’m before you.
How many times you and I waited?
Behind the Guidance Councilor’s office door?
Whenever, together we did a crime.
(remember Mac and Kannong?)
And may I ask?
How many times we stirred Buena?
(throwing trash within her house lot)
How many times we laugh at Ma’am Victoria?
(ten dynasties of china)
When had we stopped teasing Ma’am Iron?
(chemical symbol for iron – fe)
Or keeping from Ma’am Monet our invisible horns.
(for her, we’re next to the devil)
We ask Ma’am Asa whether she’s having another son.
(pregnant again!!!)
Gasp with fear with Ma’am Prim’s nth to the nth power
physics formula’s high headed tone.
(she shouted my name during the flag ceremony)

But with all these foolishness,
We’re good, we’re heroes.
(at least for lower years)
Coz at times of fairness,
We were the best students.
(hmmm I mean one of the best)
We knew despite our nature.
Our Alma Matter loves us most.
The victims, our co-bullies, the teachers,
The principal, the administrator,
They knew they we’re loved.
The cross roads…
But the time had come.
For us to go on separate way
As we leave the rusty gate of P.I.
The memories won’t be left behind.
Starting up the ‘Journey’ (our graduation song)
Of our tireless life. 
Time and distance,
Miles between us.
Not often in contact.
But I know, still
We’re partners in crime.

Today…
Looking back to those times,
Memories I dare not loose.
It may bring tears to my eyes.
And it may break my heart to ache.
Longing for the past,
When we were boss.
When we were the best.

I miss my bestfriend…
My partner in crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment