Thursday, September 29, 2011

'C' is for Candor


“C” is for Candor
April 22, 2006
sonnet
glenmore bacarro


I met a man who lived from the land of Candor.

He’s a son of candidness, heir of tactlessness.

He was known for his braveness, honor and valor.

And he was loved for his tongue and words of frankness.

I looked at the man I adore, the prince I’ve told.

He scowled at me *“nikkuttak ku so’ya” said he.

The curse of his tongue, his words crept my soul to fold.

The prince of Candor defeated my heart to bleed.

He smiled for every teardrop that fell down my cheeks.

Revealing fangs of love, I’d dared to have – to hold.

For my every shame, he laughed, for my fame he smirked.

And showed the eyes of evil with anger - too bold.

And this is my story of the man from Candor.

The man who hurt me and the prince I adore.



 *“nikkuttak ku so’ya” 
ibanag line (dialect from the North) which means "Sipain ko pa yan [eh]" / "I would have kicked [him]"

No comments:

Post a Comment