Friday, September 9, 2011

'B' is for Betrayal


“B” is for Betrayal
glenmore bacarro
041306&041406
sonnet 2

Your lips can lie, your eyes can deceive, but your heart cannot.

Words can be sweet, senses may fail, but the feelings can’t hide.

You shall not kiss me, if you cannot stay – if cannot, but

Let my heart be yours, my body; my soul where love abide.


If I cannot take your love in return, give me my home.

If you won’t belong, you can’t stay, teach me before be gone.

But if you can’t give me home, let my heart be yours alone.

You can live with her, betray my heart but don’t leave me one.


I will take the pain, blame me – blame the love that once we’ve shared.

For that love binds us and I can’t free myself, or freed thee.

We may live together not in flame, not in desire, but

To be in one, in maybe love, but never to be we!


Maybe I’m the only one believing the love I doubt.

But I’d rather live in, with betrayal  than love without.


No comments:

Post a Comment