Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Ui’ko

My Ui’ko
080410

There is that one special picture, they say.
One that won’t tarnish and never will fade.
Etched in my memory that one very special day.
When I saw your first, Oh! That beautiful face.

With a blue cap you came with a boyish grin.
On the first touch, the hug that made my heart spins.
Your pink shirt hid your blush and your bashful smile,
As I gave you the roses and my long late silent ‘hi’.

Your eyes that see me through, so real, so sincere,
That showed me love, washed my pretenses and fears.
Your lips red as cherries and sweet as honey dews.
Made me remember the time we both whisper our ‘I Love Yous’.

The magic of first kiss took my breath away.
And the way we held hands demanding both to stay.
Oh! How can I forget the sounds of your laughter?
When you chuckle, or when have words of love to utter.

At night, I lie awake to hear you breathe.
Seeing you smile when dream touches your sleep.
I gave kisses to silence your gentle snores.
And warm you under my arms as the night rain pours.

The morning breeze brightens your smile.
As you opened my day with a kiss and a content sigh.
You are the sugar to my bitter coffee’s filled life.
You quenched my thirsty heart, woke me up from lies.

Oh! How I thank God for giving you to me.
You’re a beauty, a love more than anything can be.
Beyond real, beyond dream, beyond truth, beyond fair,
Much of what I deserve, much of an answered pray’r.

But if by chance these memories of you fade.
When death claims my heart and my soul’s hailed.
Read these lines and forever you’ll see.
That a picture of you, there in my heart will always be.
And if forever eventually ends, though,
Remember that you will always be my ui’ko.

No comments:

Post a Comment