Friday, January 27, 2012

I Can't Cry


I Can’t Cry
112607
CAS 1st.flr.OLFU
glenmore bacarro


I can’t cry not because I don’t know how.
It’s just that I don’t know why.
Why cry if I know I shouldn’t be.
For I don’t have the right
To love
To get hurt
& to be loved

I can’t cry not because I don’t want to.
It’s just that it won’t fall.
For it had been frozen since.
And been denied before
Like dreams after awakening
Like life after dreaming
Like hopes after promising
Like promises after lying

I can’t cry not because I was not hurt.
It’s just that the tears kept inside.
For I can masked the pain with smile
Agony with laughter
Sadness with love
And for the warmth you felt.
Emptiness and coldness inside me
Seared; fueled; crept.

I can’t cry not because I can’t love.
It’s just that they don’t appreciate me.
For I loved selflessly
The way it should be.
And then to be left unloved.
Was never new to me!

I can’t cry not because it’s the right thing to do.
It’s just that reasons offer no more.
For they don’t know as they always do
That I have to break my heart
A million times
To master the pain –
Not to cry.
And to look just be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment