Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Anthony


Anthony
by glenmore bacarro
101208



It’s already three in the morning.
I’m waiting for my phone to ring.
With a broken heart I’m still hoping.
Your voice to tell those sweetest things.

Tomorrow’s another day of a shattered dream.
Hollow, empty, bitter and broken within.
Looking for those places where we had been.
From where love remains and knows no ending.

Your smile with just a single glance.
My heart beats and fell into a trance.
I can’t help but to hope for another chance.
Of the love you promised and we shared once.

Why can’t you see the misery you caused?
In to the heart that loves you, the love you dumped.
I’d never asked for more, hope was just enough.
To keep me burning to the love that once ours!

I always say I don’t love you anymore.
Got to move on and forget what I loved for.
But my heart lied and pain get through my core.
Coz I’d still long for the love we had before.

Oh! Why do I love you selflessly?
Afterall the pain and heartaches you gave me.
When you taught me how to love you Anthony?
Why haven’t you taught me how to set you free?


(A poem I made as requested by Lawrence – a new friend, I met from 'Pureza Boarding House')
(dedicated for his ex boyfriend, named Anthony)


No comments:

Post a Comment