Sunday, November 20, 2011

All The Lasengga Ladies


“All The Lasengga Ladies”
by glenmore bacarro

I was shocked when I opened my Facebook account and saw an edited picture of me tagged from the group page I am active to. I didn’t know how would I suppose to feel. I was slightly annoyed and somewhat felt disrespected. I wondered if I am the only one having this kind of picture. I immediately removed it from my wall and continued my browsing. I looked for my notifications and opened links. I almost fell from my seat when I saw another picture with same edited design but this time it’s with the picture of one of my mates. I laughed out loud. I had had the urge to roll on the floor and laugh till death, but still have the decency not to do so. J! I purposely clicked the picture to satisfy my curiosity and in my delight other same pictures with different faces showed (including mine). This time I’m really hooked up into the humor of these pictures.

One picture was really like a brandy endorser with her lascivious and revealing picture in it. It makes men really want to buy her products (wink!). Another one picture where you can’t help but to smile when you see that the lady in it, the picture in it (thanks to the prank!) with her phenomenal ID like picture centered the designed background. The idea of taking this particular picture (not her profile picture which is supposed to be) tickled my ever jolly mind. I burst into laughter when I imagined one’s reaction when they saw the picture. The next in line is the picture of the woman who’s usually the subject of our vodka session’s jokes. Her picture proved that she is indeed a subject for humor (peace!hehehe). She looks like a proud vendor with her products on display (literally!). Moreover, who doesn’t miss her coyly smile? When she did, she’s the most beautiful and sexiest of them all! Just don’t offer her “kanin” because surely you’re gonna eat with her (nah! forget about dieting!). Next to the last, lets “move on” (ehem!), the lady on her proud nursing uniform had her ‘mona lisa’ smile which gives you the feeling of being annoyed. You can’t tell if she’s really happy with her picture or she really want to bite the ‘pasimuno’ who did all these ridiculous pictures. Finally it’s my turn, my picture that pissed me off a while ago; but this time I smiled and I uttered softly “Gago talaga ‘tong si Alex”.

The tag phrase on each hit me amused as what the pictures did. The tag proudly says “The Lasengga Lady” just below the name of the group “Palit Status Gang”, centered by each picture. Recent memories of us having our ‘sessions’ are enough fool proof for this tag. I laughed and asked myself “So what if we’re branded as ‘lasenggas/lasenggos’?” I closed my eyes and heard the laughters and the sobs we’ve been through every late day ‘inumans’. People may say that we’re irresponsible and waste much money for nothing, but I just want to ask them “Will they can ever make us memories to share for a lifetime? Did they ever know that from every shots of vodka bind us together to share same memories? That with every bottle pilled friendship creates new foundation that can hold us in one home, one family”.

I can’t help but remembering a text message once sent to me by a friend.
“Drinking, they say is the heaven of the weak. We forge a persona that we only have the courage to show when we’re drunk enough. We escape reality even if it would risk our health. But I tell you this, the most honest individuals are those who drink to drown, coz they LOSE their social masks. No pretensions, no limits, NO LIES. That’s NOT weakness, that’s being FEARLESS; and I guess what they can never fathom is that, because of intoxication we become PURE!”

To all Lasenggas and Lasenggos! Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment