Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mental


Mental


            Nothing could be more fun than to be with peculiar people – I mean really peculiar. People who think that the world was their own and they were free to do whatever their minds dictate. They have their own dreams, own lives and own will which served as their bridge to reality. The reality that seemed to hurt them before, the reality they had escaped from, which lead them into the cells of insanity.

            Who can say that those people whom I considered insane or ‘abnormal’ in our own cursed words are the ones who teach me life’s lessons far more than any ‘normal’ person ‘like me’ could do? I felt guilty or perhaps ashamed for all those laughter, teases and cursed words I had ‘named’ them. On the law of dignity and or indeed on the law of humanity I am the one considered ‘mental’.

            With them I came across to the world of simplicity, bliss and of course up to the line where fantasy and dream held more truth than reality. They talked and acted like a child; they were gratified through simple gifts and will give you their widest grin. I have to confess I was surprised when they uttered me their thank yous.

            The experience and the fun I felt while taking care of them will surely remain in my heart and in my mind forever. Someday, somewhere maybe I’ll meet them again, meeting them not on their walled cells but along those bittersweet roads of a ‘normal’ life.

***



Note:       Mariveles Mental Ward
                Mariveles, Bataan
                Group 55-A Affiliation



                Duty date frame:
September 24-28, 2007


Group 55-A
                Arlene Aguilar
                Leo Alladin
                Glenmore Bacarro
                Mary Grace Balbalosa
                Julius Ervin Ballera
                Nolie Balot
                Jules Mayo Barreto
                Gian Carlo Brilata
                Mailyn Brioneselgin Balbuena






September 28, afternoon.
Mt. Sisiman and Beach

We enjoyed the beach (drinking session); we climbed the mountain and descended on to the other side (which is not supposed to be the way down). About 5:30pm Grace, Elgin and Gian left.


September 29, whole day
Hawla Beach, a private Resort.

Wavy beach, water falls on the cliffs, swimming while raining (I think there was a storm at that time).
We played patintero and buried others on the sand (Julius and Leo).

At night: we’re the only group left at the boarding house. We had a drinking session, (my first ever tequila); 2 bottles of tequila and a bottle of matador.
I vomited my soul out!!! Hehehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment